Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought a variety sixpack of my homebrews to the office for a friend yesterday, but she wasn't in the office. I was literally minutes from delivering them today when my Kilkenny Ale bottle exploded under my desk.

The best part was that the office was kind of busy, and it kind of stopped everyone in their tracks. Fortunately, it was under my desk, in a cardboard sixpack carrier, in a bag, so collateral damage was nil and no other bottles broke. Thank the Lord I didn't deliver them yesterday!

This is only the second bottle I've ever had break -- and it was from the same batch of Kilkenny. That batch was bottled on 7-2-13. It smelled awesome, so I don't believe it was infected. (My office now smells really great!) I'm putting the last 8-10 in the fridge just for safe keeping.

adiochiro3 said:
I brought a variety sixpack of my homebrews to the office for a friend yesterday, but she wasn't in the office. I was literally minutes from delivering them today when my Kilkenny Ale bottle exploded under my desk. The best part was that the office was kind of busy, and it kind of stopped everyone in their tracks. Fortunately, it was under my desk, in a cardboard sixpack carrier, in a bag, so collateral damage was nil and no other bottles broke. Thank the Lord I didn't deliver them yesterday! This is only the second bottle I've ever had break -- and it was from the same batch of Kilkenny. That batch was bottled on 7-2-13. It smelled awesome, so I don't believe it was infected. (My office now smells really great!) I'm putting the last 8-10 in the fridge just for safe keeping.

Dude that's funny. I'm glad it blew under you desk (hey-o) instead of your friends house that would have been really embarrassing.

"you're confused: there are no proteins in boiling wort, you're thinking of starches in the mash"

some moron in another thread

Conversation from work today
Guy I work with "my buddy is basically a brew master"
Me "really?"
Him "Yea. He screwed up his first batch so he got a bunch of books and read everything there is to know about brewing. So his second batch was awesome and ever since he's like a brew master"
Me "right"

Me "really?"
Him "Yea. He screwed up his first batch so he got a bunch of books and read everything there is to know about brewing. So his second batch was awesome and ever since he's like a brew master"
Me "right"

What about the word "master" don't people get? It doesn't happen overnight! In any discipline!

1. novice
  2. hobbyist
  3. apprentice
  4. journeyman
  5. master

adiochiro3 said:
What about the word "master" don't people get? It doesn't happen overnight! In any discipline!

[*]novice
[*]hobbyist
[*]apprentice
[*]journeyman
[*]master

Are we going to start doin this like the electricians eight years experience and a test to get your masters

Are we going to start doin this like the electricians eight years experience and a test to get your masters

Sounds better than being a "brew master" after your second batch haha

Come to think of it, some people have called me that just joking around, and it's weird to me after I have done only about 25 batches. Then again some ppl have been brewing a short time and really have a good feel for it. Others a long time that still struggle for things to come out ok. Neither of which deserve the term haha. I guess it's easy to be a master at a skill that many ppl don't know about...

Nobody ever gets called "master chef" after cooking dinner for the second time, I don't care how good it is.

Me "really?"
Me "right"

Maybe the punctuation is missing.

"my buddy is basically a brew, Master"

Igor may just be into Dom/Submissive relationships. And he is best friends with beers and yeast.

Big, do you happen to work in a large lab with corpses and lightning and is this coworker possibly a hunchback? I mean if you are into that kind of thing and all...

Maybe the punctuation is missing.

"my buddy is basically a brew, Master"

Igor may just be into Dom/Submissive relationships. And he is best friends with beers and yeast.

Big, do you happen to work in a large lab with corpses and lightning and is this coworker possibly a hunchback? I mean if you are into that kind of thing and all...

This is awesome! Your mind works in an odd way, and I like it

zmanzorro said:
That takes a lot less than 8 years ...

Actually it took years

I was seaman first class on a Philippine fishing vessel. We'd go out months at a time just 6 men out in the open ocean. We had nothing better to do so wed have contests. Who was the fastest, most aggressive, biggest mess, etc. I was the best at it most would have their arms give out after 2 batches or couldn't handle the floppy ones. There was one guy though he'd give me a go. When we'd go at it everyone would stop to watch us. We'd go all night some times. The worst part was the clean up though. The mess was sticky and smelled and got every where. Luckily the cabin boy could get in all the cracks with his wand and give them a good scrubbing

Actually it took years

I was seaman first class on a Philippine fishing vessel. We'd go out months at a time just 6 men out in the open ocean. We had nothing better to do so wed have contests. Who was the fastest, most aggressive, biggest mess, etc. I was the best at it most would have their arms give out after 2 batches or couldn't handle the floppy ones. There was one guy though he'd give me a go. When we'd go at it everyone would stop to watch us. We'd go all night some times. The worst part was the clean up though. The mess was sticky and smelled and got every where. Luckily the cabin boy could get in all the cracks with his wand and give them a good scrubbing

You guys are sick if you think this is not about catching fish.

... I hope

Of course it's about fishing what else would it be. Bi Gung Dong was strange but a good guy and one heck of a fisherman. His dream was to hunt sperm whale on Uranus, for some reason he thought there would be a lot there. He had a female monkey and a male chicken. Unfortunately he had to spank his monkey sometimes for choking his chicken. Unfortunately he died a few years ago when his uncle jack was horse riding. When he was helping his uncle jack off the horse his cock got lose and spat both of them in the eyes and he went blind and the monkey got caught in his pearl necklace and choked him

Actually it took years

Of course it's about fishing what else would it be. Bi Gung Dong was strange but a good guy and one heck of a fisherman. His dream was to hunt sperm whale on Uranus, for some reason he thought there would be a lot there. He had a female monkey and a male chicken. Unfortunately he had to spank his monkey sometimes for choking his chicken. Unfortunately he died a few years ago when his uncle jack was horse riding. When he was helping his uncle jack off the horse his cock got lose and spat both of them in the eyes and he went blind and the monkey got caught in his pearl necklace and choked him

if I ever host a HBT party, you simply must entertain us with your many stories & quips over a brandy or two by the fire!

Billy-Klubb said:
like, "Killian's Irish Red is a great craft beer." and "There is no beer darker than Guinness.":smack:[/QUOTE

Or Guinness is a meal in a glass. I try to explain how little calories and alcohol is in Guinness and everyone always thinks I'm crazy. My fav is in south ga everyone loves cold beer. When I explain I like craft they say I like warm beer.

russrob81 said:
Actually it took years

Well actually...

1391513_440229169421867_533184308_n.jpg

That is all.

Back