Funky kraeusen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc_Cote

Reaction score
Up to my 6th batch right now. 3nd AG. On this last batch, the kraeusen is behaving quite differently then the previous ones. It seems to be much more milky (as compared to foamy) in terms of texture and does not seem to be falling back into the carboy as it was doing the previous times. It's sticking to sides and just staying there with big sort of semi-bubbles (does that make sense?) There is still some CO2 coming out of my blow off tube once in a while. It's been 5 days now and I'm not sure what to think. Used 12lbs of pale malt with some crystal. Fermenting with US-05, a first for me, at 65F.

Please tell me I'm worrying for nothing...

If you would have split that beer up in two different carboys, and split the yeast up between them, they would act completly different. Yeast is a living organism, you cannot tell what it is going to do. On another note, I have been told that liquid yeast is more consistant than dry yeast, so you know! Anyway, it will turn out fantastic no matter what!

Latest posts

Back