• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Mexico FS: Single Tier 304 SS Brutus 10 Type System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrenarzt

Professional Homebrewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have decided to sell my Brutus 10 type SS system. I am going pro and I just bought a 7 BBL system, and I have been in the process of constructing a new frame for a 55-100 gallon system. I simply will not have the room in my garage or in my new brewing space to manage both my current system and the new 55 gallon one (as well as a 7 BBL system). I think I will be brewing on the larger systems pretty much all the time anyway at this point.

My single tier was constructed above and beyond the standard Brutus 10. I started with 0.083" wall thickness 304 SS (great balance of mass/durability) 2" x 2" box and I cut and machine faced every weld surface with a Bridgeport mill to near perfect tolerances (+/- 0.002"). I then took the frame parts to one of the best welders in the world. He is a welder with 40 years experience in the fabrication business. I have been working with this man for years on projects relating to scientific R&D and I have seen him do things to no mere mortal has done with metal. Bottom line is the frame is top notch. This is a serious system for serious homebrewers. I have won the BOS at the New Mexico State Fair for the past three years with this system, and have medaled in both the MCAB and NHC finals with this system. It makes great wort for sure.

I spec'd all top level parts for the build, including all Swagelok valves and QD's. I have over 1k in valves alone on the frame. I have over 1K in QD's as well. The solenoids are ASCO propane specific (any fuel gas, so they will work with NG, but you would need to drill out the burner tips). These work far better than the water/general use one spec'd in the BYO Brutus 10 build list. The cheap ones get gummed up and need to be serviced often, and never work the same, even after servicing. The actual propane ones do not and will last for years and years. I had to find this out the hard way. I installed new casters and Love TS controllers recently as they get beat up over time. I have been maintaining this unit religiously and will show you all you need to do as well. It's not hard, but you need to know all the ins and outs.

I will include everything you need to get going. All you need is the propane tank and 120V 20 A power at your house. I am including 2 x 15 gallon Blichmann Boilermakers (one for HLT, one for MT), a 15 gallon Spike boil kettle I use for 6 gallon batches (custom hop screen and whirlpool arm included) and a 20 gallon Boilermaker I use for bigger batches. I have brewed close to 20 gallon batches of lower gravity beers on this setup, as well as 13 gallon batches of high gravity beers. There is a false bottom for both the 15 and 20 gallon Boilermaker so you have lots of options. Also included are the Therminator, onboard March pumps with custom SS heads and the larger 815 impellers, and 2 sets of hoses and a custom rack to hang them in your brewing space. The braided silicone hoses were platinum cured medical grade and were 13 bucks a foot, but they are so much better than the ****ty regular silicone hoses (which I will include as well). The regular silicone tubes form pinholes over time at the junction where the tubing meets the barb fitting. I still keep a set on hand just in case I want to try something crazy like an ice bath recirc. You'd need to do this for cooling in hotter climates. I have 60 degree well water year round so I can cool without a prechiller for all my ale brews. Lagers require more chilling obviously.

I have over 8K in this setup. All yours for 3500 firm, which is a great deal considering all the time and money I have in this. I will deliver to anyone in CO, NM, AZ, OK or TX within reason. I can meet half way in some cases. You would need a pickup to carry all the gear. If you are in the PNW or east coast, then we will have to work out delivery. I have a friend in freight so I can get cost on commercial freight, which "should" come in around 600 for this. Please hit me up if you have any questions. I realize this is more than most homebrewers will ever pay for a system. But like I said, this is a serious setup for serious brewers. There are more elaborate systems out there. But mine is a workhorse capable of making perfect wort repeatedly. This is much nicer than what you could have with a Morebeer Brewsculpture, as there is no skimping on hardware like they do.

I do have to brew two more batches for weddings coming up in March, but I am good to of after that. An option may be you come brew with me, and I'll teach you the system inside and out. I have a spare bedroom so you wouldn't need to get a hotel. Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

This would be a good test system for a brewery as well. It really does make great beer...

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

If you decided to part out. I'm interested in the kettles. - Thanks and good luck.

I see your using Speidel fermenters. I'm moving from a Brutus 10 to a 1bbl system. I kind of want to go all Stainless but $ is an issue and I see Speidel makes some that would work for me. What do you think of them? Congrats on the new brewery!

I see your using Speidel fermenters. I'm moving from a Brutus 10 to a 1bbl system. I kind of want to go all Stainless but $ is an issue and I see Speidel makes some that would work for me. What do you think of them? Congrats on the new brewery!

I've been using Speidel for awhile. They are easy to clean, don't seem to scratch easily (I clean with PBW and a microfiber towel), and they make good beer. The price is right for the larger volumes as well.

I'm a big fan of them.

Awesome stand. Great seller. I bought a conical awhile back from him, smooth sale.

PS Going Pro? Please start a thread on your adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back