• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan FS Custom 60 Amp Electric brewery control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deece

Reaction score
I have decided to sell my panel, I built it a cpl years ago but have not used it. Life got in the way and it has sat since. It has been tested but I haven't ran any batches with it. It's housed in a 24x16 Custom powder coated Hoffman enclosure with a stainless door. Everything is on din rails and I used wire duct. Breakout boards were used to eliminate the loose wires to the door and it is fed by a Hubbell pin and sleeve connector, which I have both pieces to. All pids are Auber and it features a switch to go between PID and their rotary controller for the boil. Each vessel has its own alarm and also a separate pid for the Hex. You can use either a Rims or a Herms setup with this. It is wired for 3 pumps @220 but could easily be changed to 110. I'm looking to get $2500 for the panel and temp sensors. I believe I have 3 triclover probes. (Possibly more). I also have 3 keggles and a 1/6 bbl that I was going to use for the separate herms. They are all bottom drain and have all welded stainless fittings. This will be avail for an additional 500 to the buyer I have a pile of stainless fittings etc that will go with if that's the case. I also have 11 ball lock kegs that will be avail should the panel sell. Located in the UP of MI and pickup would be best I think.

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

Sorry kinda buried in the post. I'm looking to get $2500 for it.

Appreciate the kind words! I enjoyed building it, sadly haven't been able to put it to use.

It should be able to handle 2- 5500 watt elements and 1- 2000 watt all at the same time.

Thank-you. Pretty hesitant to sell it but I'm in a small cash crunch.

Just throwing this out there, Deece is a very reliable seller, I had dealings with him on some of his panel leftovers last year and he was great to deal with. Good luck on the panel dude, sorry you need to sell it :(

Thanks all for the kind words on the build. Not much of anything for bites on it so far. I will entertain offers if somebody is interested.

I am closing in a new home and plan to go electric. I only have 100 amp service so I need to add another 100 amps to the main. If I was going with your panel would I just need one 60 gfi breaker and plug?

Yes, I have both end of the plug included with the panel. I also have a 60 amp spa panel that could be included.

Had a few questions asked hopefully this helps clear a few thing up:

Hi, sorry for the delayed response I am transitioning between 2 jobs and working both this week and have been swamped. I did not use any one schematic to build it but I did refrence both PJ's diagrams and a bit of Kal's from The Electric Brewery. Should something need to be repaired it would be straightforward just unwire the old part and reconnect the new one. All the parts are pretty standard items. Yes it uses standard l6-30 plugs for the elements and L5-15 plugs for the pumps. (pumps are wired for 240v also but could easily be changed to 110v) All 3 elements are capable of holding 30 amps (just not at once) draw on 1 5500 watt is 23 amps I believe. the panel should be able to handle 2-5500 watt and 1-2000 watt with pumps running at once if my math is correct. Yes It was designed to use a hex, in my case I was planning on a separate herms coil in a small vessel (1/6 barrel) you could easily use a rims tube as well. I got rather involved with the design of it, more so than the idea of brewing really. There are a ton of components in there you would not see in a typical build. Safe start interlock, Cutler Hammer E-stop, Breakers instead of fuses, din rail and Wire duct etc.

I'm sorry but I don't think I can part with it for that. Appreciate the offer though.

OK thanks. I really need a control panel, so please feel free to make a counter offer.

I wish I was ready to go electric. This panel is exactly what I had in mind.. feel free to pm me your bottom dollar with shipping. But im sure its out of my range right now..

wow this is a gorgeous panel. Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I'm interested in hearing from drumminguy to see if this panel has gotten lots of deserved use by now - and if Deece has gone ahead and built a new one! that's a talent I don't think can sit idle for too long!

wow this is a gorgeous panel. Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I'm interested in hearing from drumminguy to see if this panel has gotten lots of deserved use by now - and if Deece has gone ahead and built a new one! that's a talent I don't think can sit idle for too long!
This panel is getting lots of love! I absolutely love it. Working flawlessly. I have cranked out about 15 20gallon batches since I got it setup.
20180916_170026.jpeg

Back