Fruity Summer Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarmenel

Reaction score
Hi there,
Looking for suggestions for a lighter fruitier summer beer. Get's pretty hot here in Israel in the summer and I'd like something a bit more refreshing on those really hot days. Looking at a partial mash brew.
Thanks
Hilton

Watermelon Wheat looks awesome. Might need to wait a touch longer for the sweet melons to come into season.

Any suggestions for a BIAB Saison?

This is the best summer beer (shandy) I make. It goes over very well at parties and homebrew festivals.

Lemonade Wit Shandy
5.5g batch
OG 1.053
FG: 1.013
SRM 4.2
IBU ~19.5
ABV ~5%

3.5 lb wheat DME
3.5 lb light DME

1 oz East Kent Goldings at 60 min
1 oz coriander seed (crushed) at 5 min
1 oz bitter orange peel at 5 min (sweet works okay too)

Yeast: Belgian Witbier (Wyeast #3944)

Ferment at 60°F

Upon reaching FG...
1) Clean and sanitize a keg
2) Pour (3) 12 oz cans of lemonade concentrate into the keg (enough lemonade concentrate to make 192 oz of lemonade if you actually bothered to add water to the lemonade, which you will not do)
3) Rack the finished room-temp beer onto the lemonade
4) Purge air from keg
5) Shake keg up to mix the lemonade and beer
6) Chill and carbonate to 2.3 vols of CO2 and KEEP IT COLD OR ELSE THE YEASTS WILL EAT ALL OF THE LEMONADE CONCENTRATE

Don't snub your nose. It's quite delicious.

I made a blueberry wheat a couple years ago that was a big hit. I used blueberry flavoring, which I thought tasted artificial. This year, I might do it with canned blueberries. I know that will make it purple, though.

Ever had a grapefruit Radler? I love them. If you keg you can make a pilsner then mix with grapefruit juice in the keg. If you bottle it's easier to just buy some juice and mix in the glass.

This sounds like something I can try. Been wanting to make a pilsner for a while

Back