Fruited Sour - Secondary Misstep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBH

Reaction score
Newbie here, 3rd batch ever was a banana fruited sour. I froze and puréed my own banana for a week and then let set the night before in a cup of bourbon for 20hrs. I sanitized the blender blender before purée the banana. Had a beginners moment and realized I just introduced new sugar to post-secondary beer. They’ve been in bottles for 16hrs now. Is there anything I can do to salvage this batch? Flavor is nice (I know, irrelevant) but I’d would like to save this batch if possible at all.

Thanks everyone.

I'd store them in a lined box in case they blow. It's not fun cleaning up the ceiling after bottles blow. Several years ago I was on my way to work when I got a call telling me someone shot a shotgun twice in my house. It was a Porter that blew and took another bottle with it. I haven't bottled since then...

How much banana? How many gallons of beer (pre-banana)? How much priming sugar, and what type?

Last edited:
Back