Fruit wines at higher temperatures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, apart from the red wine which of these wine kits would come out best at slightly higher than perfect temperatures? Something around 20*C (70*F for the Americans). Or is red the only one that might be drinkable. Maybe on of the darker fruits?
http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/search?q=wilko+country+wine

My cousin spent last year as an assistant winemaker in Oregon and he claims a few wineries up there were letting their primaries hit upwards of 90F. Those were Pinots. He seems to think there is nothing wrong with "hot" fermentations, and as a UCD grad I'd have to take his word for it.

Last summer it was 90 degrees (no air conditioning!) and my fresh peach fermented in 3 days. I was told it would be "fuesel". We are drinking it now and it is my very favorite.

Just my thoughts!

Yeah I've done many warm with good success, your milage may vary, I'd just stay in the suggested temp range for the yeast.

Back