Fruit wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnywalker

Reaction score
Have made two batches of concentrate wine so far and both have turned out well so im thinking of trying a fruit wine next. What fruit is best and what type of that fruit please? An easy one woukd be great!! Muchos :)

Berries are fun, and make good wine. You can use frozen fruits, since none are ripe right now. I've done blackberry mostly, and cherry, but blueberry, raspberry, etc, are all good. I have a chokecherry wine, and crabapple wine (both in the fermenter right now here!) posted.

Il try a berry one! We have a local farm nearby and im sure they freeze there fruit! Are they just as good when they have been frozen?

Il try a berry one! We have a local farm nearby and im sure they freeze there fruit! Are they just as good when they have been frozen?

Yes, they are! When you use fresh fruit, you want to make sure you only use the best ripe fruit. Usually frozen fruit is at that point, so they tend to be great to use!

I like making wine from fruits that are available locally for little to no money. A good rule of thumb is if it can be used to make a good jelly or jam, it can usually make a good wine. Some of the cheapest wines I make use rhubarb, apples, pears, and apples. People around here are happy to let you pick pears or apples that they don't plan to use.... it saves them from picking up the windfalls before they mow the grass.

At some point in your journey, try making a batch of Skeeter Pee. It makes a delightful wine that tastes especially good in the summer heat. It's cheap, fast, and easy. Ingredients are available all year round. The recipe is on the website in my signature. Cheers.

Back