fruit in a kit beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benpen

Reaction score
So i ordered a american wheat beer kit and was wondering if anyone has ever added real fruit to a kit. I'm planning on adding oranges into the brew sometime. Should it be during the boil or during fermentation. Do i just put some zest in from the peel or do i actually put junks of the oranges in. This is my first time experimenting with fruit and would like just a little info or guiding in my process. Thanks for any and all help and happy brewing!

Ben:mug:

how much zest should be added and also how long before the end of the boil. Also would you pour it into the primary or would you strain it out? Thanks

Here's a recipe that does exactly as what you want. I made it three weeks ago.

Citrus Weizen

I used a Brewers Best-Full Bodied Weizenbeir. Just follow the kit's instructions and then: at 15 minutes left of the boil add the zest (the outer part of the peals) of 4 large orange and lemons.

I put mine in a makeshift cheese cloth bag that I clipped to the side of the pot. When the boil was done I just removed the cheesecloth bag.

Back