Front-mount mini fridge kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon3

Reaction score
So I currently have a small mini fridge with a single-faucet tap tower. I recently picked up a Sanyo 49xx in which will fit two kegs. I don't want to buy another tap tower and I'm hesitant to drill another hole in my old Perlick all-brass tower.

I figure my options are:
1. Mount the old tower on the new fridge (1 faucet) and use a picnic tap inside for the second.
2. Mount 2 faucets on the front of the door ( which looks kinda funny but bear with me). I was thinking about making a frame with casters the fridge could sit on in order to raise the fridge 6" or so.

Any suggestions/comments?
Thanks

I did the single tower tap and picnic tap thing for about a year, but finally just broke down and bought a new double tap tower.

I just watched a youtube where the guy used two picnic taps out the front and mounted the whole thing on a base. Looked pretty slick in my mind, I think I am going to do the same.

Here is a link to the youtube video

ptbo_mac

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the vid! That looks pretty awesome. We should start a thread or move this discussion so there's an "alternative mini fridge kegerator construction" thread for people looking to do something other than just the standard tap tower. I bet there are more ingenious designs out there.

Very cool. The wifey will like the idea of hiding the tank haha. Do you have instructions for the whole build on another thread somehwere?

Back