From wort to drinking - What is the fastest beer kit to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colm98

Reaction score
I just bought a a "Brewers Spring" (canada) beer kit, I didnt realise but it takes approx 5 weeks before I can drink it. This is way to long for me as beer is so expensive in Canada. Is Coopers faster? Anyone know what is the quickest beer to brew? Many thanks:mug:

Well...First...Welcome to the forum.

Most beer is going to take about 5 weeks to be very good....But you can get like a wizen done in about 10 to 14 days if you really push it.

Well...First...Welcome to the forum.

Most beer is going to take about 5 weeks to be very good....But you can get like a wizen done in about 10 to 14 days if you really push it.

I always read that about hefe, but the few batches I've made were always...well, pretty nasty until they had aged a month or two. Mind you it's one of my least favorite styles, so perhaps I'm not a good judge of a "good" hefeweizen. Still, it tastes pretty damn green to me until it's been bottled or kegged for a while.

Just did an American wheat that was drinkable in exactly 3 weeks. I'm sure it will get better with a little time but it tastes pretty good now.

I started using Brewer's Best kits, and like everyone above said, you just have to wait.

I took the time between my first batch to try as many styles of beer as I could to decide what I would want to brew next.

Exactly how low of ABV was you English mild olllllo? I just finished my self made Scottish ale recipe. And I'm curious as to how long it will take. My OG was 1.040 and according to beersmith, my final should be 1.010.

Yes, this is a semi hijack :)

My first batch was bottle to glass in 3 weeks, or 2 if you count the "test brew" I popped at one week. Brewer's Best american amber.

I now have an Irish Red that will end up a month in the fermenter (transferred to secondary on Sunday to free up the larger bucket for my next batch). By the time my dad pops a bottle on his birthday, it'll be around 6-7 weeks old. I'm thinking it'll be pretty damn tasty (it already is going from primary to secondary).

I just brewed my first weizen as well, and know that it's a "younger" ale. I hope to have that drinking for myself by mid-August.

Do yourself a favor, splurge and buy a 12 pack of your favorite craft beer, and drink one every day or every other day, pretending like it's your own beer. Pay attention to hops, malt, and all the flavors in your craft beer, because homebrew will have all those flavors so much stronger that it will blow you away.

I have no clue what the apfelwein is doing. I'll check it when I get back from this business trip.

Latest posts

Back