Frigidaire FFHT1817LS8 - want to drill sides for CO2 line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 225792

Twisted Mustache Brewing
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2nd hand Frigidaire FFHT1817LS8 over/under stainless door fridge that I am converting into a kegerator, and want to drill a hole in the side for CO2 line access. Question is, are there coils in the sides of the fridge? I cannot find anything through a google search on the topic. I also applied a paste made of isopropyl alcohol and corn starch to the sides, let them sit for a while, and no coil lines appear on either side. Any help is greatly appreciated!

When I'm commissioning a new-to-me cooler I hit one of the major parts suppliers and see what they have.
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/FFHT1817LS8/1428/0166000.html

You can peruse the various sections via the graphics. From what I'm seeing you're good to go as long as you stay away from the rear corners. The evaporator is in the freezer as is typical, and the fan-driven condenser is under the hump. The lines between them run down the back but could stray near a corner...

Cheers!

Back