fridge size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
did a search and I can't find anything. What are the minimum size dimensions for a kegerator? HxWxD

When i was researching this I found a general rule is you want to look around 4.5 cubic foot or higher without a freezer ( for an easier conversion)

Once I found one on sale I double checked that 2 cornies will fit with a little headspace for the quick disconnects.

After googling I found a wiki on this site run by Bradsul;
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Sylvania_SE80106-2_Kegerator_Conversion

I also plan on a DIY tower using BierMuncher idea
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=30930

Hope this helps
BeerCanuck

I know about the sanyo conversion, but I doubt I'm going to end up with a sanyo. So I was wanting to know basically, the size of a cornie + anything coming out the top so I can tell if a different fridge I may get will be tall enough or deep enough for 2 at the same time.

The thing about 4.5cu ft is I can make 4.5 10 different ways.

I just measured my ball-lock kegs and I get 8.5" diameter and 26" height to clear the gas and beer line coming out of the QD's. If I measure the length across 2 kegs I get 17.25" which accounts for the bit of rubber that rings the bases.

The base in front of the compressor hump in the fridge detailed in the wiki article BeerCanuck mentioned is 11.5"x16.25"x27.25" (16.25" is between the the molded shelf supports, the actual available width). The kegs don't fit side-by-side as in the sanyo but they fit diagonally with the door panel removed (see the wiki article for details).

That gives you a box size you can measure for at least that will definitely hold 2 ball lock kegs.

Back