Fridge Size for Brewing Buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbambuti

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a small fridge that I can use as a beer fridge, but that can also double as a fermentation chamber when I need it. I do my brewing in standard size brewing buckets and don't want to buy a full-size fridge.

If anyone has a small fridge used in this capacity, I'd love to know the dimensions, or make and model, or any other helpful info. I don't really want to resort to bringing a plastic bucket with me when I shop fridges.

Thanks in advance.

Just last week I bought an Oster 4.5 cubic foot fridge off craigslist to use as a fermentation chamber. I had to cut the door shelving etc. off but a 6.5 gallon plastic bucket with airlock fits in just beautifully. The model does have a tiny freezer but I am still able to use a plastic shelf below it, which catches the water when the fridge defrosts/turns off with no height problems whatsoever. And the bottom is plenty wide enough as well making the condenser hump no issue at all.

My fermentation chamber (and former kegger) is a 10 cu ft that I purchased at a used appliance store.

Back