fridge problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider67

Reaction score
hello,

A friend of mine gave me 2 ball lock kegs, So i figured i need to get the supplies to make it happen, Thanks kegconnection.

Had another buddy give me a fridge a ole westinghouse fridge with freezer drawer

The problem is the fridge is short if i put the kegs in there, (have to remove the drip tray to fit) they are close to the freezer coils, For a test i put a empty keg with a tray of water on top of the keg and the water froze. so then i cut a piece of plywood and slide in where the drip tray was and the water still froze.

I hate to drill holes in this fridge if its not gonna work, so figured id check here and see if anybody had any ideas besides buying a new fridge

Thanks
Tim

I'd snake in a small extension cord and plug in a little fan to circulate air, then plug in an inline temperature controller to turn the fridge on/off and regulate temperature. The fan will help maintain a uniform temperature, even newer refrigerators have problems with an line controller because it doesn't let the fan circulate air without the compressor, it's all or nothing.

Back