Fridge In Cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoaxci5

Reaction score
Does anyone have a fridge fully enclosed in a cabinet with a front opening door?

We have a small fridge that we use for soft drinks and beer and such in our bar. But it has a wood door that isn't attached to the fridge door, so we have to open both and close both independently. I'm looking for ideas on how to open/close with just the outer door.

Pictures would be the best :D

Mount the exterior door to the fridge door as one unit. I would damn sure make some provisions for cool room air to get into this fridge conednser area removing the heat it's releasing while cooling inside the fridge or it will run all the time, thermal trip the motor or burn up. A couple 120mm muffin fans ducted to the condenser that turns on when the fridge starts.

It's been in there for over 2 years and is fine, the back side of it is wide open. I had another recommendation to just cable the doors together and then put a block attached to the outer door that is the right width to close it for a simple solution. I guess I was just over thinking it.

Hi, sorry for the late post. But in NZ we have a kitset that can be bought via Fisher & Paykel, which is just the kit you need. It includes a rail that attaches to the fridge door and slides that attach to the cabinet door. This allows the doors to swing independantly on the pivot points but remain attached to each other, I could get a couple of pics for ya if you are still looking into it.

Actually we are in the middle of a move, so it would be a perfect time to make it right once we get to the new place. So if you could snap a few pictures that would be great. Even if I have to reproduce it myself it would be helpful. Thanks.

I figured it might take a little while to find one installed and get a photo, so I have drawn you a little picture. When I go back to work next week , I'll be able to get ya the install instructions for these kits, I should be able to scan it and post a copy. It should make it a bit clearer hopefully. In the picture, Part "A" is attached to the cabinet door, and "B" is attached to the fridge door. When the cabinet door is pulled open, the slide pulls the rail but also slides down it while opening. You will also want to secure the fridge in the cabinet so it does'nt become misaligned, most people just put a screw in front of the front feet or a strip of wood.

Untitled.jpg

I have just found a very short clip on Youtube showing a similar set up, it's not the best vid, but you can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back