Fridge/Freezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGBrewer

Reaction score
Aquired a side by side freezer fridge, is there a way to keep both sides at a good storage temperature for kegs, or perhaps lagering?

I think you'll have to play with the thermostat controls to see if you can get the freezer side up to nearly above freezing. Ideally, the fridge side in the low 50's (probably won't got that high) and the freezer side at 33 (also probably won't make it up that high) for fermenting then lagering.

Does anyone know how they regulate the temps between these two zones? I'd be completely guessing, but I'd imagine the compressor is regulated based on freezer temp and the fridge side is regulated by circulating freezer air with a fan (on demand from the fridge side thermostat).

You might be able to make both sides run the same temp if you can cut holes in the center wall (without cutting coolant tubes). Then you could run a temp controller on the main AC powerline.

Latest posts

Back