fridge/freezer fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion7144

Reaction score
I have read a lot on a fridge as a fermentation chamber but am curious if I would still be able to use the freezer part? I built my keezer and built a ST1000 temp controller. I could easily build another for a fridge but I would like to still have the freezer for ice and chilled mugs.

Yes but the fridge side would most likely need a heat source to keep the elevated temperatures. Check out my build and if you do a search there are several similar builds.

You can adjust baffle ( it diverts the cold air from the freezer to the fresh food area)while the fan runs cold air is forced across the coils and into the fridge area. My lagering fridge holds 52* while the freezer holds 0* not cold enough for ice cream, but will keep frozen things frozen. I use the t-stat to control the freezer and run a small fan off the heat side to draw cold air into lagering area. l

Back