Fridge Expansion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fellc

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I just got a mini-fridge room in the fridge is about 1" to short to fit the corny keg into the fridge. I was wondering if anyone has "expanded" their fridge outward by removing the door and adding like a 1" x 4" and then re-adding the door. (i.e. this is similar to the keezer expansions, but instead of vertically, I am talking about horizontally). This would solve my problem, but I am worried about the structural integrity of the expansion with added corny kegs onto it.

I say go for it! try some 2x4 lumber and I would definatly lean on "over-building" the collar (reinforcing the hell out of it) if you are at all worried about the integrity... I see no reason why this wouldnt work. seal up with sillicone

Does the fridge have door shelving that sticks in and can be removed. I did it with a larger refrigerator and was able to fit 4 kegs instead of 2.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I just got a mini-fridge room in the fridge is about 1" to short to fit the corny keg into the fridge. I was wondering if anyone has "expanded" their fridge outward by removing the door and adding like a 1" x 4" and then re-adding the door. (i.e. this is similar to the keezer expansions, but instead of vertically, I am talking about horizontally). This would solve my problem, but I am worried about the structural integrity of the expansion with added corny kegs onto it.

I did this exact thing you're talking about...check out the thread here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=62517

I didn't do this to fit a keg in there, I wanted to use it as a fermentation chiller. It works great, and just took an afternoon to build.

Back