Friday night and this SUX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGGER

Reaction score
Damn I have a brew day planned for tomorrow and wanted to get a lil bent tonite BUT damn if I dont have to be the First Sergeant tonite! Playing baby sitter for a squadron of 600 Airmen when I have 2 kegs of great brew in the garage.....

DRAGGER......

I have to work tomorow, too. I am still getting a little bent tonight!

DRAGGER said:
Damn I have a brew day planned for tomorrow and wanted to get a lil bent tonite BUT damn if I dont have to be the First Sergeant tonite! Playing baby sitter for a squadron of 600 Airmen when I have 2 kegs of great brew in the garage.....

DRAGGER......

600? Dayam!

It looked for a while that I was going to have to take over as Shirt when ours deploys....luckily someone else stepped up.

Sleep well! :D

SwAMi75 said:
600? Dayam!

It looked for a while that I was going to have to take over as Shirt when ours deploys....luckily someone else stepped up.

Sleep well! :D

The 600 is total everyone..... including me and the regular shirt and the CC so I guess its actually only 597 then..... BIG CE Squadron maintaining 145 sq mi of base with 38 mi of coastline..... 3267 buildings 680 mi of powerlines..... I run the electrical systems section....

DRAGGER.....

That is the reason I might not sleep well tonite.... But of course I will not pick them up out of the crossbar hotel until morning.... Let them sober up and think about it a while....

DRAGGER.....

DRAGGER said:
That is the reason I might not sleep well tonite.... But of course I will not pick them up out of the crossbar hotel until morning.... Let them sober up and think about it a while....

DRAGGER.....
That's how we learned eh?

My squadron is about 1/10th the size, so it wouldn't be as unnerving being the shirt, but I like having my beverages on the weekends. :D It's mainly all the other BS that goes with being 1st Sgt....I couldn't do it and do my "real" job at the same time. I'm the weather flight NCOIC.

Not sure if this is completely off base, but I have to say something. I just want to thank all our armed forces out there, and want to let you know I have the utmost respect for all of you! Thank you for what you guys are doing and please know that MOST Americans do appreciate what you are doing. THANK YOU for your service! :rockin:

Go Gators said:
Not sure if this is completely off base, but I have to say something. I just want to thank all our armed forces out there, and want to let you know I have the utmost respect for all of you! Thank you for what you guys are doing and please know that MOST Americans do appreciate what you are doing. THANK YOU for your service! :rockin:

No thank you!

I can not speak for all the others but, I for one think of it as a job just like everyone else that does a job we all serve a purpose in life. I have been doing this job for over 19 years and weather I am in California, Texas, Germany or elsewhere I do the same job.

Now being a weather troop in tornado alley is a different kind of job...... WOW! I bet the command post calls you all the time during storm season.... Wouldnt want that job at all I am happy working 69,000 volt powerlines....

DRAGGER.....

Go Gators said:

Thanks!

Dragger--It can be a bit hairy, but I've got a helluva staff of forecasters to rely on. They (mostly) keep me out of trouble. :) We recently had a huge ice storm here.....trees down everywhere, 600K people without power across the state. I've got a great deal of respect for what you guys do, too.

Go Gators said:

+1

Paulthenurse QM2
USCG 1979-1983

Go Gators said:

+2

(5,6,7,8)

At least you don't have to suit up and check the reactor compartment for leaks at midnight and 4 a.m.

Go Gators said:

+1 from here as well. :mug:

david_42 said:
At least you don't have to suit up and check the reactor compartment for leaks at midnight and 4 a.m.

No dont have to do that, however last friday was a 19 hour work day as the storms that just came through the nation this week dumped 6 inches of rain with 80 mph winds on the coast and that weather is not firendly to electrical lines as we found out..... Blown over trees and powerlines not a good combination line garlic in beer I would say...... Then again I would rather not get near a reactor.... I guess we can agree it take all kinds to rotate the globe......

Anyway I have all the brew equipment staged just waiting to hand the phone to the 1st Sgt and my brew students to arrive and it will begin.... Gonna start them out right....pour one and enjoy while explaining the process..... We will be working on a partial mash kit for an Irish Red Ale.....

DRAGGER.....

Back