Quantcast

Freshops.com

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

DRAGGER

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from freshops.com in the last few months? What the service like? Let me know how your experience went with this company please as I have an order in and would like to know what to look forward too....

DRAGGER..... aka Russ

OP
D

DRAGGER

Reaction score
OK just wondering I have not used them before and with a 60 buck order I just wanted to know if I spent my money wisely....

DRAGGER.....

McKBrew

Reaction score
Heard lots of good things about them. They typically give you a few ounces extra.

OP
D

DRAGGER

Reaction score
Feeling better with every post.....

Just set up for tomorrows brewday doing a training session for an interested couple..... Partial Mash Irish Red Ale.....

DRAGGER.....

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
I placed an order on Mon. and they got here Today.. Great packaging and little more hops in each bag than I ordered.:)

OP
D

DRAGGER

Reaction score
The prices on this site just went up in the last few days glad I got my order in when I did Fuggle went up .40 per ounce.....

DRAGGER.....

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
dang, glad I got my order in. Some of the stuff I got is not on their any more.

CatchinZs

Reaction score
Yeah, that happened to me.
I filled my cart but my wife called me away to do something, I forget what it was now, so I didn't place the order until the next day and cascade was gone.
I managed to get Amarillo, Fuggles, New Zealand Hallertauer,and Willamette.

Looks like Cascade is back up now and everything went up by $.30 except the Wilamette.

david_42

Reaction score
Dave's a good guy and tries to keep his prices reasonable. Some of his usual hop sources were sucked dry early this year. He also runs Oregon Trails Brewery and makes a truly fine Ginseng Porter.

CBBaron

Reaction score
I've ordered from them several times. They have great prices on hops and one of the better selections. Its nice you can order smaller quantities allow you to try a variety of hops. Shipping was quick and the rhizomes I purchased last year all came up and did well.
Craig

DuPuma

Reaction score
Ordered some Amarillo, Cascade, and Centennial from them last month. Arrived in about a week. I don't particularly like the bags they use to vacuum seal the hops, but if you have a food-saver/food vacuum, you can just transfer them.

Overall very good hops, not a crazy price, given the state of the hop market.

CatchinZs

Reaction score
I just got mine last night.

I agree the bags they use aren't the greatest but I started to transfer mine to oz size packs and sealing them myself. (Mental note: check vacuum bag supply before starting to bag, running out in the middle sucks!)
Seems like they were spot on as far as the weight, no over packing for me.

njnear76

Reaction score
CatchinZs said:
I just got mine last night.

I agree the bags they use aren't the greatest but I started to transfer mine to oz size packs and sealing them myself. (Mental note: check vacuum bag supply before starting to bag, running out in the middle sucks!)
Seems like they were spot on as far as the weight, no over packing for me.
What kind of hops are these: pellet, plugs, or whole?

john from dc

Reaction score
just got off the phone with dave after dealing with the ultimate test of mailorder patience, a return to sender.

my best guess is that since i work near the capitol building, they x rayed the package and thought it was something other than hops...

anyway, dave was very accomodating about the whole thing and the hops are being re shipped to my parents' house out in virginia. i'm another satisfied customer.

something to think about though if you're having hops shipped to a high security area. i'm not entirely sure that's what happened but it's the best explanation i can come up with.

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just tossing in my bit here. I ordered from them a couple weeks ago, and everything came promptly and just like I hoped it would. They are a top tier outfit.

TL

cubbies

Tastes like butterdirt
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I might as well chime in too. I ordered from them recently. Felt the prices were very good, and delivery was fast. I didnt get "extra" hops as some people have, but I cannot complain about that.

Latest posts