Free is nice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked it out too...doesn't ask for anything more than name, address, etc.
No phone#, CC#, SSN, or especially sensitive info is being requested. I tried it out....we'll see!

This is one of the ways Sun Sounds is making up to the community. In previous threads I had mentioned that they started requiring all the vendors at the beer fests to provide their own insurance policies for the event. This was about a $1200 bill per year for our club. What's more is that the breweries could not use volunteers to distribute their beer at the fests because the policy would not cover anyone but full employees. The employees would rather be working at the brewery/pub making money.
Another issue was that the beer had to be purchased from a licensed producer. That also left the clubs out. Well this caused the breweries that belonged to guild to stop attending the fests. Needless to say that Sun Sounds has rescinded these ridiculous rules and all of the breweries and clubs will be back in swing by the GAzBF in the Spring. Unfortunately no members of the club have beer available to donate to the Great Tucson Beer Fest or we'd be attending that one too.

Wild

I decided to give it a shot. I've signed up for several free magazine deals like this in the past and not had any problems as of yet. Been getting Maxim, Stuff and FHM for almost 4 years now for zip, zero nada, freebie!! Thanks for the link. :mug:

Just did it as well, but something my father always says rings in my mind

"there is no such thing as a free lunch"

Cool, thanks!

I was cleaning the office the other day, and was stacking up all the free ragazines I get each month in individual piles. I think I get somewhere between ten and fifteen investment-related mags/rags every month. Some are better than others, even the bad ones occassionally will give me a good idea about a new fund or something.

I think I need to plant about, oh, two hundred trees next Arbor Day to make up for the ones cut down on my behalf, though...

Ha, no way. For whatever reason I was thinking the other day why this never happened. I even considered looking up this thread to see if anyone said anything. I wonder if I will be getting mine soon?

Ohhh, that's why I got an issue of Draft. I had thought it was some random spam mailing. I have to say that so far the mag isn't too bad. Little tidbits and an article on a bar that I'm going to have to check out next year when I'm in Vegas. The Freakin Frog has a serious beer selection! :D

Back