Free Hops in Denver area!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wstaufe

Reaction score
I'll be relocating to the Denver area in another week or so, and will be looking to transplant over 60 cascade, sterling, and nugget seedlings from their present location in northeast Ohio. I have been growing for five years now in both SC and OH, and just don't have the heart to sell the plants off. I would be willing to discuss lease or barter arrangements (free hops first year?), but at the very least I'd like to have access to an acre of lot that is flat, fertile, and has full sun. Please reply if you could provide any help/suggestions. To the moderator: I posted this in Hop Growing forum, but didn't get any response!! :D

I'd really reconsider selling them to someone in Ohio. Even if you find someone with land to grow those on, you need to factor in irrigating those. Denver is in a high desert. Pretty much nothing but prairie grass grows naturally here without significant added water.

Understood. I assumed that water accessibility would be a must. I did manage to grow them successfully in southern SC...through some of the worst drought the state has seen.

Back