Free beer for Massholes and New Yorkers in the Albany area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaldAssCat

Reaction score
Up front disclaimer, outside of these folks being my LHBS and generally good guys, I’m in no way affiliated with them. I just signed up on Sunday and they only had 5 names so I thought I’d post this here since I know there are a lot of Massholes on this site.

The Homebrew Emporium in West Boylston MA and Hennessy Homebrew Emporium in Rensselar NY are having a brew day on May 2. It’s not posted on the site but I know they have someone working on upgrading it. The site does have directions and contact information though. Homebrew Emporium Lineup

They gave me the recipe they’re using but I wasn’t smart enough to bring it with me today so I could let you know what it is. I’ll edit this post with it later if anyone wants it.

You bring your equipment and they supply the ingredients. You need to register by April 25th.

I was in to see Roger just this Saturday, I have been thinking about telling him I'll be over to brew but I'm not so sure about lugging my whole setup over to his shop. Getting lazy in my old age:D. I did pick up a 50lb bag of Briess malt for $40 :ban:. I guess they had it on sale last month but it somehow got left out of the newsletter. I'll probably still swing by to check out the goings on, bring over a growler or two out of what I have on tap and try to get some opinions.

I was in to see Roger just this Saturday, I have been thinking about telling him I'll be over to brew but I'm not so sure about lugging my whole setup over to his shop. Getting lazy in my old age:D. I did pick up a 50lb bag of Briess malt for $40 :ban:. I guess they had it on sale last month but it somehow got left out of the newsletter. I'll probably still swing by to check out the goings on, bring over a growler or two out of what I have on tap and try to get some opinions.

He didn't say anything to me about $40 bags of Briess! I might have to stop by this week to see if there are any of those left.

Hmm... I might be able to squeeze that in. Hennessey's been my LHBS for a while (although there's a guy I know running a place in Pittsfield, MA now). Not sure if I'll have time, I might be ripping apart the kitchen that weekend... :rockin: :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Hmm... I might be able to squeeze that in. Hennessey's been my LHBS for a while (although there's a guy I know running a place in Pittsfield, MA now). Not sure if I'll have time, I might be ripping apart the kitchen that weekend... :rockin: :rockin::rockin::rockin:

If it's the same guy the owns the Troy store I think they're doing the same thing there.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a good time. I've been wanting to see an all-grain brew done for a while now. I don't have the equip to do all grain yet, but I'd love to watch. There's nothing like seeing something done compared to reading how it should be done.

Back