Founders Red Rye clone or similar(extract)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmock79

Reaction score
I am looking to find a clone recipe or something similar. Are there any proven recipes out there?

And another question, I see there are a lot of recipes here on homebrew talk but how do you know if they are any good? Some recipes have lots of conversation going on in them others dont, is that the way to judge them by, how much discussion is going on about the given recipe?

There are recipes and then there is the recipe database. The database is ostensibly comprised of recipes that have been made and found tasty on more than one or so occasions. Typically, there are other people who have satisfactorily reproduced the recipe.

Recipes/Ingredients is more of a sounding board and recipe review forum. Most of these recipes have not even been brewed yet. All of the threads can be learned from. The ones where multiple people report successfully producing good batches from can generally be regarded as worthy of research. The ones that report deficiencies can often help you understand how to balance a recipe. Perusing recipe threads is a great way to expand and diversity your own recipe formulation capabilities.

Good luck on the Red's Rye Clone as I am, too am looking for one.

Thanks for the link oldsock.

I may be up for a mini mash, just got a big kettle last weekend.

Back