Founders Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
Drank my first and last yesterday. I loved there breakfast stout, probably one of my favorite beers, so I figured I would try there Imperial. I am definetely not a fan. Not saying it is a bad beer, I just find it a teet to hoppy and just plain old overwhelming.

If I am going to drink an Imperial Stout, I am definetely stick to Old Rasputin by North Cost. Definetely a much better and tastier option.

I haven't had the KBS yet, but if you see Dieu Du Ciel's Peche Mortal, try that one!

We're going to have Old Rasp on tap here at the local liquor store, can't wait!

I haven't had the KBS yet, but if you see Dieu Du Ciel's Peche Mortal, try that one!

We're going to have Old Rasp on tap here at the local liquor store, can't wait!

Old Rasputin and Deschutes Obsidian Stout are my two favorite stouts in the world. Love them.

This is a good RIPA, and the Founders fan-boys may insist that this is the best, but I like Bell's Kalamazoo Stout (better roasty taste) and Northern Coast's Old Rasputin (creamy body) much better.

This is a good RIPA, and the Founders fan-boys may insist that this is the best, but I like Bell's Kalamazoo Stout (better roasty taste) and Northern Coast's Old Rasputin (creamy body) much better.

Do you mean RIS?

I like all of the above. Although I agree that Founders might be better after a bit of aging. I've had it when it was fresh and it's hoppy. I think it might be accepted better with a few more months on it.

Old Rasputin is tops as far as Imperial's go in my book. I agree Founders is a bit too bitter.

Back