Found a new obsession/hobby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
it all started with a stroll thru bed bath and beyond with the SWMBO..i see a Mr. beer deluxe kit on sale for 15 bucks pick it up and follow the instructions..fermenting right now but it just wasnt doing it for me. So today make a trip to the LHBS and piece together a starter kit with a amber ale as a starter brew...trip to good will picked up a turkey fryer pot twelve bucks..get home thoughly sanitize and start brewing. it is currently boiling and i am hooked!!!!the smell of hops alone is enough for me, hope it turns out great. will be posting questions as i go along

well SWMBO......aka (she who must be obeyed) was shopping for new sheets and i saw the mr beer kit

update boil done found a convenient snow bank to cool the wort now happily hidden away for the yeast to do its stuff :ban:

No, I think the problem is why on earth were you in Bed Bath & Beyond!?!? We'll have to revoke your man card for two weeks now.

You guys are mean! :p

Believe me, there isn't anyone here that doesn't understand your new obsession. BTW, great buy on the fryer! Now, buy more fermenters so you can brew again right away.

there are all kinds of great cooking things in BB&B. Plus, this guy probably gets laid more than you.

Hehehehe! That made me laugh.:mug:

I cook all the time, and I would probably blow a months pay on kitchen toys in that place if I went in there.

As far as getting laid, I can call Rosy Palms and her five sisters any time I want!:D

Welcome to the obsession! :D
I swear I'm trying to keep it down to a fistful of fermenters! :)

yep gonna pick up another ferementer on friday...currently researching going straight to primary from kegs will let you guys know if i have any questions no room in my fridge for bottles

it all started with a stroll thru bed bath and beyond with the SWMBO..i see a Mr. beer deluxe kit on sale for 15 bucks pick it up and follow the instructions..fermenting right now but it just wasnt doing it for me. So today make a trip to the LHBS and piece together a starter kit with a amber ale as a starter brew...trip to good will picked up a turkey fryer pot twelve bucks..get home thoughly sanitize and start brewing. it is currently boiling and i am hooked!!!!the smell of hops alone is enough for me, hope it turns out great. will be posting questions as i go along

Scary, this is exactly what I did... got the Mr. Beer for Christmas and that just wasn't enough so the next week I was at the LHBS buying the 5 gallon kit. This held me over for another week upon which I bought 2 more fermentors and some secondaries and filled them up as soon as possible. Oh well and on to the addiction, I mean hobby.

Good thing is my SWMBO is all for it and still helping :ban:

I think I'd choose going from primary to kegs (rather than the reverse)? :)

haha 10hr day at work+ very potent left hand brewing stout=horrible sentence compositon... update its bubbling away making the closet smell amazing. good thing i have to work or this waiting game would kill me!!

jppostKW - That is one quick ramp up from Mr. Beer, to full boils and kegging. Welcome to the addiction, within a few more weeks SHMBO will never allow you to go shopping again, you might see a Hog or an air plane that you like. :)

Scary, this is exactly what I did... got the Mr. Beer for Christmas...the next week I was at the LHBS buying the 5 gallon kit. ...another week...I bought 2 more fermentors and some secondaries and filled them up as soon as possible...

And this is why we always put on our polite hat when the holidays roll around, Mr. Beer kits are popping up under the tree and the questions start rolling in.

Mr. Beer kit has created many a homebrewer. Granted...they weren't good homebrewers until they set aside the toy and got some real equipment.

...my first one was a Mr B. kit too... :p

Back