Found a bucket after 2 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I racked it into a sample glass. See you on the other side brothers.
RIkmfYV.jpg

If this glass says Hardywood, I'm guessing you are in Richmond, I would gladly do a taste test for you!:mug:

Definitely time to rack to a secondary before you get any off flavors.

His profile indicates he or someone assuming his online identity was active two days ago.

Probably, all of the bacteria in that beer have had time to assimilate his body now, and they're now using his zombified corpse to access HBT. I wouldn't trust anything the OP says from now on...

Alive a well. Thanks for the concern though! The beer has been carbing since Sunday night. I'll try the first carbed one this weekend!

Glad to hear. What kind of yeast you used on this one ?

Can't quite remember and I can't find my notes for this one. I know I just used some of the yeast starter I was using for the barleywine.

I've heard of gypsy brewers... I'm kind of disappointed we don't get to find out what a zombie brewer is like. :cross:

Just kidding. Glad the infection hasn't taken over your body.

... or has it...

I like posts like these because they remind us to relax when things dont go perfect and that the beer is hardier than we think. I left a 10 gallon batch in primary for 8 months once when I got busy with moving to a new house. One was a lager that I stored in the basement and the other was an ale that I had in a warmer part of the house. The lager was fine to drink but just wasn't right because of all the temperature changes. I ended up dumping it because I needed the keg for a new brew. The ale on the other hand tasted fine and we ended up drinking most of that.

Interesting... no you didn't drink it all :)

I only have 4 kegs and brew 10 gallon batches. I had three kegs including that one on tap, so I sacrificed it for fresh beer into two kegs. Got to get more kegs but damn they went from $35 to $80 in a few years.

Back