FotHB XVII: New Year, New Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An awesome porch bomb from @Dgallo ... couldn't wait so quick chilled a can of his collab with Warbler...
IMG_4920.jpg
A great double NEIPA!
A sneaky 8.2% abv with a very saturated hop flavor, great thick mouthfeel, and a sweet, but not cloying finish. Super fruity, with a tropical vibe. But there was a lot more...
IMG_4918.jpg

Okay! Here's the summary of everyone's picks. Once again, thank you to everyone who participated! Looking forward to trying some new beers!

@TwistedGray selects @BrewMan13
@DrGMG selects @palmtrees
@Dgallo selects @RCope
@JCasey1992 selects @ @aharri1
@RCope selects @Dgallo
@fourfarthing selects @DrGMG
@BrewMan13 selects @3 Dawg Night
@palmtrees selects @JCasey1992
@aharri1 selects @TwistedGray
@3 Dawg Night selects @fourfarthing

Where are we at on this? Trying to determine an appropriate start time for the next one (says the guy who needs to brew).

And from @Dgallo , a WCIPA with Talus, Galaxy, and Mosaic. An interesting hop combo that works. A bright bitterness with a dry finish. Generically fruity but clean with some minerality that helps pop the hop flavor. No caramel/crystal presence. An excellent beer!
IMG_4927.jpeg

Here's where we're at so far. Please let me know if I missed anyone. Still a few people haven't shipped yet (myself included) so please get those packages out ASAP. I've been taking care of my mother who just had a double knee replacement so I've been slacking as a result but I'm hoping this lights a fire underneath me to get my box out lol.

@TwistedGray selects @BrewMan13 RECEIVED
@DrGMG selects @palmtrees STILL WAITING
@Dgallo selects @RCope RECEIVED
@JCasey1992 selects @ @aharri1 RECEIVED
@RCope selects @Dgallo RECEIVED
@fourfarthing selects @DrGMG -RECEIVED
@BrewMan13 selects @3 Dawg Night RECEIVED
@palmtrees selects @JCasey1992 - STILL WAITING
@aharri1 selects @TwistedGray - RECEIVED
@3 Dawg Night selects @fourfarthing - STILL WAITING

As for @DrGMG's box, I'm happy to send some brews out to make things right if that's what we decide to do but I also don't want to jump the gun and assume something more dishonest is happening. Let me know how you'd like me to help and I'll do what I can.

Here's where we're at so far. Please let me know if I missed anyone. Still a few people haven't shipped yet (myself included) so please get those packages out ASAP. I've been taking care of my mother who just had a double knee replacement so I've been slacking as a result but I'm hoping this lights a fire underneath me to get my box out lol.

@TwistedGray selects @BrewMan13 RECEIVED
@DrGMG selects @palmtrees STILL WAITING
@Dgallo selects @RCope RECEIVED
@JCasey1992 selects @ @aharri1 RECEIVED
@RCope selects @Dgallo RECEIVED
@fourfarthing selects @DrGMG -RECEIVED
@BrewMan13 selects @3 Dawg Night RECEIVED
@palmtrees selects @JCasey1992 - STILL WAITING
@aharri1 selects @TwistedGray - RECEIVED
@3 Dawg Night selects @fourfarthing - STILL WAITING

As for @DrGMG's box, I'm happy to send some brews out to make things right if that's what we decide to do but I also don't want to jump the gun and assume something more dishonest is happening. Let me know how you'd like me to help and I'll do what I can.
When you send him your box, add a letter asking if he plans to ship maybe.

I wasn't involved in this trade, so take this for what it's worth. But I have been following along. LOL

Why doesn't @JCasey1992 send his box to @DrGMG and send a letter to @palmtrees stating why?

I got stiffed in the commercial version very early on, and 2 months with no communication is definitely a sign of no intent to ship.

ETA: Unless JCasey already shipped and just hasn't heard from the recipient. Then there goes that plan.

I wasn't involved in this trade, so take this for what it's worth. But I have been following along. LOL

Why doesn't @JCasey1992 send his box to @DrGMG and send a letter to @palmtrees stating why?

I got stiffed in the commercial version very early on, and 2 months with no communication is definitely a sign of no intent to ship.

ETA: Unless JCasey already shipped and just hasn't heard from the recipient. Then there goes that plan.
Sorry for the late reply. I just started a new job and I haven't been able to log on in a while.

I can do this if you guys would like. Just as an FYI though, the ESB I brewed didn't turn out like something that is worthy of sharing (one of the reasons I'm so far behind). With that said, I can try and brew it again or can double up on my other brews (they all turned out great). My personal preference would be the second option as I've been taking care of my mother following her double knee replacement and due to that, haven't had much time to brew lately. However, I'll go whichever route we decide on.

Ultimately, I'll leave it up to the group what we do. Let me know how you guys would like me to go about handling this and I'll take care of it. Cheers all!

Oh no. I’m really sorry to hear that. Although I only knew him through these trades and chatting on the site, he always seemed like a fun, stand-up guy and this community is going to be greatly diminished by his absence. My heart goes out to you, his family, and his friends. I’ll be sure to have one here soon in his memory.

I am sorry to inform the group, that my friend Austin (aharri1) passed away in his sleep last night.
Very sorry to hear. We did a trade a few years back, and he was awesome to chat with. Gave me good, honest feedback. He'll be missed.

I appreciate it, but this round is light on quality. I already started bottling the makeup beers.
New Year, New Beer (again)!

Even though the first shipment was completely sufficient (and delicious), I received a second shipment of "makeup" beers from @fourfarthing today. They are currently chilling in my keezer, and I'll dig into them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

PXL_20240123_023656877 (1).jpg

Back