FotHB XV: Cupid's Buttplug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Welcome to the FotHB Society...membership dues are payable to @ThirstyPawsHB (formerly known as @PianoMan) and @TwistedGray.

How to become a member of our super secret, public, everyone is invited (well...kinda) society of FotHB traders:
1. Review the previous FotHB threads - linked at the bottom.
2. Express your interest in this thread.
3. Have four beer styles in bottles, kegs, fermenters, or otherwise in the immediate works. If you have only a single style of beer in your inventory, you have some catching up to do.
4. Send a private message to me including descriptions of your homebrew offerings (see previous FotHB rounds).
5. If you are not going to be around for the pick date/time, send me an ordered pick list so that I can pick on your behalf.
6. On pick day, submit your pick during your designated time slot. If you have sent me a pick list I'll cover you.
7. If you show up late on draft day, you haven’t submitted a pick list, and your position has been passed over, you will be the next in line after whoever the current picker is. (Example: You were pick #2 but you show up during #6's pick...you will get to pick #7, then it resumes the picking order.)
8. If you completely forget and do not show up on draft day, it will become a first-come-first-serve free-for-all.

Rules! There must be rules!
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but must be vetted by their peers. It’s best if a current or former participant can vouch for you.
- All participants are expected to leave feedback on iTrader once their package is received.
- All other matters fall under General Rule 1: Don’t be a jerk.
- If you win the coveted #1 pick position that means you will host the next FotHB

Note: If you have not shipped beer before and have no one vouching for you, check out the Local Only Trade thread and get involved there first. You can get iTrader feedback in time to get involved in this round of FotHB; just be snappy about it. OR offer a trade in this thread; most of us are interested in small trades to help HBT members get involved.

Offer guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your homebrew: ANY beer style, along with ciders, meads, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles are preferred. One style is not enough, but <4 might be allowed depending on group consensus.
- Be willing to share recipes and explain your brewing techniques to those who request.
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback (if requested) on the homebrew you receive.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Shipments often exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be OK with receiving the offer as posted.

Important Dates and Times
February 21st - Offers due
February 22nd - List of offers, pick order, and pick times posted once all orders are in (approx. Feb 2nd)
Feb 25th - Pick Day! First pick is at 5pm PST (8PM EST)
Time is subject to change - follow the thread for latest information as this post will become non-editable

Timeline is subject to change, depending on feedback from participants.

Caution: we have had a number of members forget the dates and times; put it in your Google Calendar and/or set reminders.

The pick order will be determined by an online list randomizer.

What happens on pick day
- The first picker will have five minutes to make their selection.
- The second picker will have up to five minutes to make their selection.
- Rinse and repeat until all members have chosen (see notes above about late arrivals, no-shows, etc.).
- There will be a timeline provided by the OP (me) that includes pauses in order to update the available offers, let people catch up, etc.

Past FOTHBs REVIEW THESE THREADS IF YOU’RE NEW TO FOTHB
FotHB I: The Hops are Strong with This One
FotHB II: May the Malt be with You
FotHB III: Coatee-cha Tu Yub Nub
FotHB IV: Trying to Catch Me Brewin' Dirty
FotHB V: KNO3 + S8 + C7H40
FotHB VI: Let Doug and Mark Get Their Own from Now On
FotHB VII: Kegs of Fury
FotHB VIII: I Drink and I Know Things
FotHB IX: Better Bring Beer Because Birthday Boys' Bellies Be Bone-dry
FotHB X: Thou Shalt Enjoy the Homebrew and Hangover
FotHB XI: Stay Home, Stay Safe, Drink Up, and Brew On!
FotHB XII: The Purge
FotHB XIII: Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
FotHB XIV: Lambic Pentameter
FotHB XV: Cupid's Buttplug
^ currrent

Last edited:
Dang, I cannot make this one this time. No beer right now, super busy for the next month, and not too much time brew at the moment... 😓

PLEASE, be sure to include me on the invite for the next one. Will be following along for this one though!

I’ll be watching this ButtPlug event closely!
4DF984B5-1B11-409C-9283-75BEEEBB1CA4.gif

Last edited:
I just brewed a small batch of HB last night. Tried some new things that didn’t work out so well but I still made some good tasting wort and the airlock is bubbling away like crazy today.
So what the hell, count me in this round! It’s been a while since I’ve participated in FotHB.
1643763310914.gif

I just brewed a small batch of HB last night. Tried some new things that didn’t work out so well but I still made some good tasting wort and the airlock is bubbling away like crazy today.
So what the hell, count me in this round! It’s been a while since I’ve participated in FotHB.
View attachment 757850
LOVE. THAT. SHOW.

Glad you're in!

Important Dates and Times
February 21st - Offers due
February 22nd - Offers due
February 22nd - List of offers, pick order, and pick times posted once all orders are in (approx. Feb 2nd)
Feb 25th - Pick Day! First pick is at 5pm PST (8PM EST)

You have until the 22nd to get me your offers. Procrastinators beware, this plug's for you!

Back