FotHB V: KNO3 + S8 + C7H4O

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, a caveat to the IPAs. I just tried them and they are not my best. I was pretty nervous to taste them cause it was the brew day from hell and I haven't had one of those in a while. Anyways, they are drinkable and have some good qualities but don't expect to be blown away. My mash was screwed and they are a bit under attenuated for and hazy for a west coast style IPA. Not to denture you all just some transparency. The other brews have some quality to them and I am proud of them.

Tea time
IMG_20180708_074239.jpg

Starting soon,

Here is the list:

@Scturo
1. Hibiscus Cider (backsweeten) - A sangria like drink, 7.2% abv, 2 months old
2. BDSA - Trappist style, 8.5% 6 months old.
3. Blueberry Sour/Farmhouse Ale - 6% abv 9 months old.
4. WC DIPA - Classic WC Hoppynesd, 8% abv
5. Choco Coco Grande - Dark Chocolate/Coconut Imperial Stout. Cocoa nibs, ancho Chile’s, toasted coconut. 9.2% abv.
(Maybe a couple more items, or repeats on request.)

@fourfarthing
1. Azacca Grisette with Saison yeast
2. Azacca Grisette with Farmhouse yeast
Based on what is left/still tasty and fits the pickers preference
3. BoPils
4. DDH Two Hearted Clone
5. Brett IPA
6. Robust Porter
(Maybe a surprise or two depending in if brewing weather reappears or my Pilsner finishes.)

@GaBrewZoo
1: Honey Saison. This one is from last year. A bit of funk to it, and the honey is really coming through now. Made with pilsner, wheat, sorachi ace hops and orange blossom honey.
2 & 3: American wheat beer. The wife wanted a lighter beer for the summer and likes Shock Top, so I made her this. Pilsner, wheat, a little Vienna, tiny bit of chocolate wheat, El Dorado hops, orange peel and coriander, US05. I made two kegs, one of them I added 1/2 gallon orange juice to the fermenter.
4 & 5: NEIPA. Made a batch of this last month, it only lasted two weeks (shhh, I have two bottles of it left, I may include one). This time I made 10 gallons, still dry hopping. Half the batch fermented with US05, other half S04. Pilsner, oat malt, oat milk, citra, Amarillo, Apollo, warrior.
6: Dark Saison. Just kegged. This is a dark Saison with 2# orange blossom honey and oak chips soaked in a dark red wine. Tastes fantastic. I will send two bottles, one to drink now, one to age a little to help the honey develop.
7 (maybe?) Hefeweizen. Just brewed this one Saturday. If it's done and turns out okay, I'll throw one in.

@PianoMan
(all 12oz bottles)
1) No boil Papaya Wheat. 5%. Added papaya chunks at day 2 fermentaion. About 5 weeks old.
2) Gin/Lime Gose. 4.5%. Added gin and lime extract. About 5 weeks old.
3) Imperial Stout. 8.5%. About 3 months old.
4) True Barrel Aged Quad. 12%. Aged in a Balcones Wiskey Barrel. About 3 months old. A bit flat and sweet.
5/6/7 (?) Hopefully a Peach Wheat, Hard Limeade, and Hard Lemonade all around 6%.

@imasickboy
One bottle of all the following:
1. English Brown Ale - ~4% - I make this all the time, because I love it. And it's not going to make me late for work.
2. German Pale Ale - 5.1% - I was fishing for a lawnmower beer, and thought I had it with German malts and German hops, with Chico yeast, but mashed too high for it to be exactly what I wanted. Seems sweet to me, but still a good beer.
Mutant beers:
3. 2 different versions of this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/mutants-of-wort-competition-south-central-pa.649465/
4. --One as-is, with 4 pounds of orange blossom honey added to the carboy. I can't say for certain what the OG was on this, as I didn't check, but other club members said their wort was a good bit higher than the recipe called for. 10.2% minimum
5. --One barleywine style, re-boiled down to 1.101 with some additional finishing hops. 9.9% Oaked, because why not?
Coconut Dark Mild - 3.7% - Because summer. And because I don't make this beer often enough.
6. Justa Stout - 5.1% - It was going to be a foreign extra stout, but changed my mind when weighing grains, and dialed the base malt back a bit. I'll be putting this on nitro, so will have to bottle condition some for you before I keg the rest.

@Dade0
1. Nordic Farmhouse
2. Belgian Dark Strong
3. Cyser
4. Hefeweisen
5. Surprise

@Thorrak
1. Black & Blue Melomel (Melomel /w Blackberries, Blueberries, and Raspberries)
2. "It's What I Had" Lager - Yeah, no style specified. California Lager yeast /w an assortment of hops. Mostly Saaz, so I think it counts as pilsner-y. ;)
3. "Bourbon Chips are Magic" - Bourbon chip-infused Stout
Buckwheat Mead - Mead made from Buckwheat honey
NOTE: I expect a somewhat delayed shipping timeline (and haven't tasted 2 of the four offerings, so no idea on quality) so I'm also throwing in a little extra project for the adventurous homebrewer. No soldering required this time.

@jerbrew
1) IPA with C hops and brux trois
2) same IPA with US-05
3) Prickly Pear Cider
4) Saison
5)Belgiany pale beer
6) dark saison w/ sangria

@TwistedGray
1. Mexican Milk Stout (unintentionally soured)
2. Prop 215 Session IPA
3. Farmhouse Saison (it's a saison but comes out like a wheat to some)
4. Russian High Life Pale Ale - caffeine (tea beer)
5. Rooibos Biscuit Pale Ale (tea beer)
6. Cider Stout - V1
7. Cider Stout - V2
8. Hibiscus dry hopped Session IPA
9. Raspberry and Blackberry Session IPA

Another one bites the dust! And the 2nd pick, yes you are reading that correctly, goes to Dade0 who chooses TwistedGray. Lets see if TwistedGray shows up...

@imasickboy you have time, so here's the updated list.

@Scturo
5. Choco Coco Grande - Dark Chocolate/Coconut Imperial Stout. Cocoa nibs, ancho Chile’s, toasted coconut. 9.2% abv.

@fourfarthing
3. BoPils
4. DDH Two Hearted Clone
5. Brett IPA
6. Robust Porter
(Maybe a surprise or two depending in if brewing weather reappears or my Pilsner finishes.)

@imasickboy
1. English Brown Ale - ~4% - I make this all the time, because I love it. And it's not going to make me late for work.
2. German Pale Ale - 5.1% - I was fishing for a lawnmower beer, and thought I had it with German malts and German hops, with Chico yeast, but mashed too high for it to be exactly what I wanted. Seems sweet to me, but still a good beer.
Mutant beers:
3. 2 different versions of this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/mutants-of-wort-competition-south-central-pa.649465/
4. --One as-is, with 4 pounds of orange blossom honey added to the carboy. I can't say for certain what the OG was on this, as I didn't check, but other club members said their wort was a good bit higher than the recipe called for. 10.2% minimum
5. --One barleywine style, re-boiled down to 1.101 with some additional finishing hops. 9.9% Oaked, because why not?
Coconut Dark Mild - 3.7% - Because summer. And because I don't make this beer often enough.
6. Justa Stout - 5.1% - It was going to be a foreign extra stout, but changed my mind when weighing grains, and dialed the base malt back a bit. I'll be putting this on nitro, so will have to bottle condition some for you before I keg the rest.

@Dade0
1. Nordic Farmhouse
2. Belgian Dark Strong
3. Cyser
4. Hefeweisen
5. Surprise

@Thorrak
1. Black & Blue Melomel (Melomel /w Blackberries, Blueberries, and Raspberries)
2. "It's What I Had" Lager - Yeah, no style specified. California Lager yeast /w an assortment of hops. Mostly Saaz, so I think it counts as pilsner-y. ;)
3. "Bourbon Chips are Magic" - Bourbon chip-infused Stout
Buckwheat Mead - Mead made from Buckwheat honey
NOTE: I expect a somewhat delayed shipping timeline (and haven't tasted 2 of the four offerings, so no idea on quality) so I'm also throwing in a little extra project for the adventurous homebrewer. No soldering required this time.

@jerbrew
2) same IPA with US-05
3) Prickly Pear Cider
4) Saison
5)Belgiany pale beer

I do not know if we have any kind of protocol for when half the people do not show up. The remaining pick list in order is as follows:
@GaBrewZoo
@PianoMan
@jerbrew
@fourfarthing
@Thorrak

My thoughts are that it is a first come first serve. So whoever makes it to this thread can pick from the remaining offers until all offers are exhausted.

@Scturo

@fourfarthing
3. BoPils
4. DDH Two Hearted Clone
5. Brett IPA
6. Robust Porter

@imasickboy
Mutant beers:

@Dade0
1. Nordic Farmhouse
2. Belgian Dark Strong
3. Cyser
4. Hefeweisen
5. Surprise

@jerbrew
2) same IPA with US-05
3) Prickly Pear Cider
4) Saison
5)Belgiany pale beer

I seem to have ran everyone off, lol, so there's that to contend with. Eeeeek

Yeah, good job. Hosting is not easy, You never know what’s gonna happen. guess people don’t get as excited about HBs as they do for labels.

Updated offerings for those not here:

@fourfarthing
3. BoPils
4. DDH Two Hearted Clone
5. Brett IPA
6. Robust Porter

@imasickboy
Mutant beers:

@Dade0
1. Nordic Farmhouse
2. Belgian Dark Strong
3. Cyser
4. Hefeweisen
5. Surprise

@jerbrew
2) same IPA with US-05
3) Prickly Pear Cider
4) Saison
5)Belgiany pale beer

Wow. I had so much difficulty deciding which offer to choose first and still got my first choice after being so late. Thanks Twisted, great job.

I did have to give this up for a few minutes. Guess I'll head back down there.
IMG_20180708_113317896_HDR.jpg

Sorry...got tanked at PhP and forgot all about it.

Edited.....I'll take.....@jerbrew!

Thanks TG for hosting. Think it's more of a struggle to decide what HBs then retails to get!

Yeah, good job. Hosting is not easy, You never know what’s gonna happen. guess people don’t get as excited about HBs as they do for labels.

I love labels, but I prefer good homebrew even more. It's kind of like when people say they are amazed at how much I like beer, and I tell them I probably like making it more than drinking it, and I REALLY like drinking it.

Back