Forum search - I must be a moron!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

vtfan99

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok...I've done searches on all kinds of forums and websites. For whatever reason (perhaps its the homebrew), I can't search the forum for "green beer"....all I end up with is green OR beer. I've tried all manner of operators to signify that I want green AND beer....but no luck. So....can someone re-educate me on how to search this forum?

For what its worth...Im curious on how to make green beer...not a whole batch....but a maybe a pitcher's worth? Yeah yeah...I know....real beer snobs wouldn't want green beer...but I say "what the heck"...I want green beer. I assume food coloring...but how much?

Thanks for all the help. Good deed for the day...helping the moron :drunk:

rewster451

Reaction score
From what I know of green beer, all they do is take crappy american lager and put green food dye in it. I don't think there is a reasonable way to make beer green in the brewing process.

SwAMi75

Banned
Reaction score
I've never done it, but I've heard like 1-2 drops of food coloring per pitcher.

Also, green beer=green pee.

Chairman Cheyco

***DRAMATIZATION***
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think that the best result will be from a couple drops of blue coloring, that's how they do it the in bars. Yellow+blue=green. Of course, your puke will be green later too.

BrewBrothaRick

Reaction score
vtfan99 said:
Yeah yeah...I know....real beer snobs wouldn't want green beer... :drunk:
Don't Worry! This a snob-free forum (due to the inherent calming properties of drinking your own stash).

What is 'green beer' excactly anyway? Some kind of St Patrick's day thing?