Forum Clock - Why so far off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waunabeer

Reaction score
I noticed when I post a comment or thread or see others posted, the time stamp is 5 hrs. ahead of me (GMT - Central Time), yet at the very bottom of each page it states that the forumn is in GMT time zone. If it's in my same time zone, then why is it 5 hrs. ahead?

Maybe the forumn is from the future and that's why it knows so much! :drunk:

If you go to your clock settings in windows, GMT is before every time zone. Where is this forumn out of?

GMT is the base reference of timezones in the world - Greenwich is in England and all timezones are reference from there i.e. GMT +8hrs.
Go to your user control panel, then click on user options on the left colume, then change you timezone in there to Central time

geez, i've been wanting to change that forever but never bothered to look... I'll take care of it later I guess.

geez, i've been wanting to change that forever but never bothered to look... I'll take care of it later I guess.

And I think you have to do it on every computer you use HBT on, I think the details are save in a cookie on your local computer. I just had to adjust mine again only about 3 hours before this post ;)

Back