Forgotten Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srpr

Reaction score
I just found a forgotten batch of mead dated 10/11/12. It was never racked, and has been sitting in a closet all this time. The air lock has been on. There are LOTS of deposits on the bottom (and really, throughout). Shall I just rack it and continue fermenting? Or should I go ahead and bottle? It tastes surprisingly good, but is very cloudy.

Cloudy because you stirred up the sediment moving it or was it cloudy setting by itself? You could fine it with something like sparkaloid to help it settle and then bottle. WVMJ

Thanks very much for the replies, it is very much appreciated. It was cloudy on its own, not from moving it. Its mostly on the bottom (about an inch). The rest is not exactly cloudy... but not exactly clear either! See attached photo.

IMG_4160.jpg

Thanks very much for the replies, it is very much appreciated. It was cloudy on its own, not from moving it. Its mostly on the bottom (about an inch). The rest is not exactly cloudy... but not exactly clear either! See attached photo.
That's an awesome find, let us know how it tastes......I should be so lucky as to "misplace" a gallon or two for a couple years...LOL

Back