Forgot to add honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafman

Reaction score
I just purchased an Everyday IPA and bottled without the honey!! It will still be alright if I take them out of the bottles then add the honey then place them back in the bottles? I dont see a huge issue although I dont I am exposing the beer to plenty of oxygen.

Well, if you want your beer to be carbonated you'll have to add some sort of sugar for bottle conditioning. You're right, there might be some oxidation issues but you'll have to weigh that against serving a flat beer.

I would get carb drops for this batch - uncap add a drop and recap. Pouring all the bottles back and then rebottling does sounds risky for oxidation, not to mention being a PITA.

+1 on carb drops. Open bottles, sanitize lip,add carb drop(s), recap. Store around 70 degrees,wait 3 weeks,drink. And BBS seems to recommend way too much honey in that kit. I started with it and my bottles were way over carbed.

It says 3 tbls to 1/2 cup of water for a priming solution but what would you say would be a better solution. I only ask because if my Everyday IPA is done this coming week, ill bottle it up next Friday.

Two tablespoons is a much better option. This is what I used for numerous batches without issue

It was only the one gallon size of beer and well, I said screw it! I am trying it. A few posts I searched for said that my beer is hardier than you would think so I am trusting it. I ran with the honey and placed the beer back into the bottles.

I only made about 8 bottles is this normal?

Are the 16 oz? If so then yes that's right on the money. If theyre 12 oz, then I'm not sure. Maybe alot of the liquids in the trub.

A gallon is 128 oz, so 10+/- 12 oz beers. I gave up on the 1 gallon batches after awhile and now do 2.5-3.5 gallon BIAB all grain. 1 gallon batches are fun, but in my opinion a lot of work for what you get out of them. No matter what,keep brewing. The idea is to have fun...and make beer. Cheers

Back