Forced Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timotb

Reaction score
I have a recently filled 50 gallon cider tank pressurized to 5 psi. It has no leaks that I can find but the pressure drops off daily. I suspect the CO2 is being absorbed into the liquid and will continue to do so until it reaches some kind of CO2 absorption saturation point. Am I correct?

I believe so. Are you conditioning it or are you carbonizing it to be consumed in the near future. If you are just conditioning it I would just make sure all seals are good and let it sit no need to waste co2 until your ready to fully carbonize it.

Conditioning. If I understand that term correctly. I want it to sit and age and be carbonated for long term future consumption. Thanks.

What I did with a 5 gallons batch I put it in a keg and let it sit just putting 10psi to get a good seal and waiting until I had room for it then Primed it to 12 until carbonated.

Back