Force or natural?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garcia

Reaction score
I have a 5lb tank, and nearest refill station is 70miles away. Even at that, you have to go when they are refilling. The only places closer than thst only do 20 and 50# exchange.

Opinions?

Upgrade to a 20# tank if that's what it takes to do simple exchanges locally...

...and until then do natural then push with what you have.

...and until then do natural then push with what you have.

I do this on some of my kegs, i use 1/2 the sugar as a bottling batch, leave it alone for 3 weeks at least, place in keggerator for 3 days, perge extra co2 presser off keg, hookup co2 to keg and pull a pint so you can't get beer back feed into your co2 hoses, just incase the keg is a bit to full.

Cheers :mug:

I ended up just force carb'ing. When I finish my tank, I'll go for a refill, if no refill I'll buy a 20# tank and sell my 5#'er

You may find you can trade up your five pounder at the same place that does 20 pound exchanges. It may be worth more in trade than a private sale...

Cheers!

I just filled my 5# tank today for $19.60 @ a locale fire extinguisher company. If you haven't looked into them to refill your tank do so because I had the same problem with small tanks at regular gas suppliers.

Back