Force carbonating bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOISEpollution

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked before but is there any way to force carbonate bottles without a keg or kegerator? I'm bottling my IPA next week and was hoping I could carbonate a couple bottles to take to a tasting the next day. Is there anything I could build to make this happen?

CO2 bottle and a Carbonator cap/2 liter soda bottle. Or some have built caps with tire valves.

samc said:
CO2 bottle and a Carbonator cap/2 liter soda bottle. Or some have built caps with tire valves.

Will this let me carbonate bottles straight from the bottling bucket or just maintain carbonation from an already carbonated keg? Basically I want to skip the 3 week waiting period after I bottle it. I've heard of systems that will force carbonate bottles but I can't seem to find anything about it online.

I don't have any kegs. I have a kegerator with no lines whatsoever that I'm in the process of restoring so anything involving kegs is out of the question at the moment.

Back