Force carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run3minman

Reaction score
Forced caned for 2 days at 30 now I am pouring at 20 psi it seems to taste a little different then a few days ago am I doing something wrong???
Oh yeah it's a wit if that matters

Does it taste worse then a few days ago, better, or just..different? Beer ages when carbonated so it's likely just maturing into the good wit it should be.

Do you have it chilled while carbing and are you finding the carbonation level about right?

It seems to be a little worse and a little foamy but I just poured the first one so there might of been some left in the line.

20 psi as a serving pressure sounds really high. If it is over carbonated, you can get some sharp, metallic flavors. Plus only being carbed a couple days is short. Time will mellow it too.

Bring it down to 10 and try it again tomorrow. See if the flavor has mellowed. You should get a nice pour when tilting glass, with a nice head as it finishes the pour.

Try purging your keg, pouring a pint of foam, then the next one should be better. Turn serving pressure down to 8 psi before purging.

Back