force carb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niilo

Reaction score
I know there is a lot about the topic on here. But just looking for some quick insite. I am kegging a beer this morning that I need ready for Saturday night, in 4 days. What is the best method to get the job done?

I know there is a lot about the topic on here. But just looking for some quick insite.

Here

If you know there is a lot of info, but want quick info, stop and ask yourself "Is the internet fast enough for quick insight?"

UTFSE

Connect the gas to the out tube and turn it up to 30-40 psi. First purge the oxygen out of the keg. The either shake the keg or rock it on it's side until you stop hearing the gas moving. I'm doing this tonight for a Saturday tapping and it works every time.

First you want to get the beer as cold as possible to increase the absorption of co2. Then crank it up to 30 psi and give it a little rock until you hear the gas start to flow. This sound is the gas flowing in to the head space to replace the gas that just went into solution. Repeat a few times a day. It should be good to go in a couple of days then decrease the pressure to serving pressure, open the blow-off and pour a sample. If it is not carbed enough crank the pressure back up and give it a shake. Repeat. After you do this a few times you'll get the feel for it.

Thanks for the quick replies!!! Just wanted to make sure it will be ready for the weekend.

Many here are more knowledgeable that I, but here's what I have done for the past 6 kegs with good success. Cold. With cold keg of beer I attach CO2 and turn pressure up to 30. I lay the keg on its side with CO2 line to the bottom and roll back and forth gently or not so gently...listening to the nice gurgling of the CO2 going into the keg as more CO2 goes into solution. Roll more, wait, roll more, wait, roll more, wait... I continue this process for the better part of an hour or so...probably rocking and rolling a couple of dozen times. Back off of the pressure, bleed excess from the keg and there you go. If I don't need beer right away, I leave the pressure up around 10 for a couple more days. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back