For you large conical brewers.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Question for you. I just picked up a Blichmann 27G Tri-Clamp conical only to realize that I am going to need a new freezer leaving my old one to become a kegerator.....darn. Anyway I have narrowed down my search to a Frigidaire FFU21F5HW 20.5 cf upright freezer. This is the replacement model to the Frigidaire model that the Blichmann website recommends. The original model was discontinued.

My local Sears can get it for me but cannot tell me what the interior dimensions are. Does anyone have this model or know of an upright freezer that has an interior of 24wx24d?

Look for a used quicky mart beverage cooler. You know, the kind with the sliding door for sodas. I found one on craigslist for like a hundred bucks and was going to buy it but they sold it. Perfect size.

Look for a used quicky mart beverage cooler. You know, the kind with the sliding door for sodas. I found one on craigslist for like a hundred bucks and was going to buy it but they sold it. Perfect size.

I have found a few but in Phoenix but they are going for 5-600 bucks! I have been checking everyday for something cheaper to come up.

Do you have a picture of your cooler so I know what to look for? Ive seen two sizes, a tall skinny one and a double wide size.

You could also try a government auction (DRMO) if theres one in your area. These tend to be around Military bases. I picked up two stainless comercial refrigerators/freezers
48"x31"x60" or so for $50 each and I could've bought more for the same price but I have no more room in my garage. way more than I need but for the price I could'nt pass it up.

You could also try a government auction (DRMO) if theres one in your area. These tend to be around Military bases. I picked up two stainless comercial refrigerators/freezers
48"x31"x60" or so for $50 each and I could've bought more for the same price but I have no more room in my garage. way more than I need but for the price I could'nt pass it up.

good call, I will look into that being that Ft. Huachuca is next door

There is a newer Frigidaire 20.5 cu ft unit with a temperature control unit built in. Does anyone know the range of the temperature allowed on the freezer? I.e. will it have to be modified to run at warmer temps for ales.

Back