For those of you that whirlpool in keggles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinibrew04

Reaction score
Can you get a good whirlpool in a keggle with a pump even though a keg is not the ideal shape for a whirlpool? Do you whirlpool in your boil keggle or transfer to another vessel to whirlpool? If you did transfer to a separate whirlpool vessel, how do you sanitize this vessel?

Yeah, I saw the recirc. arms at morebeer. I'm wondering, I guess, if you can actually get a good whirlpool going in a keggle or not.

This is my keggle whirlpooling equipment:

wpe39.gif

I just built a whirlpool system for my keggle and it works well. It's good to fill the keg with water and put a couple grains in it to test what works best, but I found if you direct the return close to the wall but not at the wall, you get a good whirlpool.

I used a 1/2 ftp to 3/8 comp coupler, a 1/2 MPT quick connect coupler, two 1/2 SS washers, two 1/2 silicon washers and a 1/2 brass nut.

If you want I can send you the McMaster Carr #'s

I then bent a length of 3/8 copper tube to make a long 90º and then put a 3/8 adapter and a 1/2 90º on the end. But did not solder it together, this way you can adjust for the depth of the pot and the angel of return.

Latest posts

Back