For the Love of Hops shipped today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNGabe

Reaction score
I'm sure there are a few more Stan Hieronymous fanboys on here who pre-ordered from Amazon. Looks like it shipped today. :mug:

This is my first encounter with Stan Hieronymous but I did pre-order it through Amazon. I got a notification yesterday at 5:40 pm that it had shipped and it was in my mailbox when I got home from work today!:rockin: I've only read through the introduction so far but it's got me excited to read the rest of the book. Between this, Yeast, and Designing great beers, all of which I just ordered recently, I'm a happy brewer.

I thought his Brew Like a Monk was interesting but seriously rambling. Editor did not do his job there. Some parts didn't make any sense at all.

Thanks for saying that - I had the same response. I tried to brew a French farmhouse ale based on that book about four years ago and it was a mess. Definitely not a 'how to' book, for me at least. Maybe more of an atmospheric or background book than a practical instruction book.

Thanks for saying that - I had the same response. I tried to brew a French farmhouse ale based on that book about four years ago and it was a mess. Definitely not a 'how to' book, for me at least. Maybe more of an atmospheric or background book than a practical instruction book.

Are you thinking of BLAM or Markowski's 'Farmhouse Ales'? I wouldn't look to BLAM for saison or BdG info.

I think BLAM is pretty well organized - it covers all the trappist breweries individually and then the 'honorable mentions' like Moortgat. I found useful info throughout, but obviously YMMV.

Back