For My Second Batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiversC174

Reaction score
I've decided to use two cans of the Coopers Kits (Real Ale) instead of one kit and some DME. Just wanted to know if anyone has yielded better results using this method. Also, using 2 Coopers kits should I make my final volume 5 or 6 U.S. gallons? A couple of other quick questions:

1. Each Coopers can comes with 7g dried pure brewer's yeast, should I use just one packet or both packets?

2. The dried yeast that comes with it, should I rehydrate it and, if so, in how much water do I rehydrate it and for how long do I let it sit before pitching it?

3. I am desperate to read a good book on home brewing that covers both the basics and some advanced techniques as I am sure I will graduate to all grain brewing eventually. Is there some kind of bible out there that is considered a good first read on the subject? Thanks for all your help! My first batch is coming along great thanks to you guys, haha.

Joe

I replied to your other thread on the same subject. Please don't post the same question in different forums.

Rivers, you've done that in a few different places now, one is enough. If you need something moved to the appropriate forum, please PM a moderator.

This one is now locked! :rockin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back