For all you golfers out there...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
We have a golf tournament here in town that for years has used a blind draw of participants to determine the teams. This year the organizers are using an S-Curve style draft very similar to a fantasy football draft. All of the one men will be ranked from best to worst and they will commence to pick their 2, 3, and 4 men with the worst one man having the first pick and so on until the best one man picks last. The best one man will then have the first pick in the second round. There will be 3 rounds with the players picked in order by ranking-2 men, 3men, then 4 men-until all the teams are drawn. I would rather have chance determine who I play with in an event like this, how do you feel?

only time I really enjoyed playing Golf was in Myrtle beach when there was no one at the course day started out with heavy rain then it just cleared and was nice and sunny the whole time we played

That and the fact the 20 something beer girl with a killer body followed us all around the course by the 7th hole I was riding in the beer cart... And then she had a few in the clubhouse with us.. Had to take a cab back to the camper .

I don't think it really matters one way or another as far as how strong each team is. The second method might do a better job of ensuring that a group isn't accidentally overpowering.

However, it opens the door to humiliation, right? Who wants to be last?

Best friend had a chance to draft me tonight. Mind you we have the same handicap and would have been an awesome 1-2 punch. Oh yea, I am a 4 time champ, and he didn't draft me, says he doesn't want to bring me down. WTF??? So if I don't accomplish anything else this year, next week I will be a 5 time champ and he will be crying in his Coors Lite.

Back