Foaming and fermenting.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmassey

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to the home brewing and had a question I got a 1 gallon kit from northern brewer and its the Honey Porter on the 3rd day of fermenting I came home to a foamy mess so I made a blow off tube it set and finally the next day the foam was gone. But since then there really has been no action I'm at my 7th day any advice on this could it be ruined??

Helpful article, thanks! They mention rousing yeast, basically if the target FG isn't reached. Do you know how this rousing is done? My brew isn't necessarily going to head in that direction, but I want to be prepared if it does.

Thanks again!

Helpful article, thanks! They mention rousing yeast, basically if the target FG isn't reached. Do you know how this rousing is done? My brew isn't necessarily going to head in that direction, but I want to be prepared if it does.

Thanks again?

To rouse the yeast that has settled you simply move the fermenter around a bit so it brings the yeast back into suspension. Nothing too vigorous.

Latest posts

Back