Fly's eBIAB build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfshrmn98

Reaction score
So this has been a long 8 month process, but its finally complete enough to be operational with few tweaks still needed here an there. Being a resident my free time is few and far between to get this thing completed. I am now able to take my mess out of the kitchen and into my own little area of the basement. This build was based around the 62 quart bayou classic kettle. I will post a complete part list later.

This will be my first BIAB brewing experience. Previously was doing all grain in the kitchen with a 10 gallon pot and cooler setup. Talk about pain in the butt and long and messy day!

Did a test run with water this weekend and everything works great. 52 degrees to 158 in 18 min, 158 to boiling in 8. Excited to actually brew with it.

Controller being built. Plastic nema enclosure

Top left is the Omron PID, Timer on the right, two left switches on bottom are to 110V outputs and the one on the bottom right is 12V DC output with control knob and display located above. One 110V controls my exhaust fan, the other is free, and the 12V is for my US Solar pump

Exhaust going to outside window

Repurposed a gently used weber kettle 18" for my hood. Cleaned it up real well and a nice new coat of paint.

Went with a pull-through style bulkhead on the front

More to come later....

Back