Flying dog review

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

dirtybasementbrew

Reaction score
image-2696755334.jpg

Has anyone tried Flying Dog "raging bitch". I'd like to hear your thoughts. My wife says it has a strong apricot flavor, I seem to disagree. Very dry and front end hop heavy, all be it delicious though

Reaction score
I've had it. I'm not real big on Belgian-styles. The 'funky' flavor just doesn't work for me. Overall though this was pretty drinkable. I'd agree with you on the hop heavy. It is an IPA after all. I didn't notice any apricot.

OP
dirtybasementbrew

dirtybasementbrew

Reaction score
b-boy said:
I've had it. I'm not real big on Belgian-styles. The 'funky' flavor just doesn't work for me. Overall though this was pretty drinkable. I'd agree with you on the hop heavy. It is an IPA after all. I didn't notice any apricot.
Bboy my wife can't drink magic hat but can handle a hop heavy Belgian ale, go figure!! I like everything I'll b honest I'm not a beer snob. I'll drink bud, only at my dads house tho! Lol

Reaction score
Bboy my wife can't drink magic hat but can handle a hop heavy Belgian ale, go figure!! I like everything I'll b honest I'm not a beer snob. I'll drink bud, only at my dads house tho! Lol
I'm with her on the Magic Hat. I will admit to beng a hop head as well. I just have a hard time with the Belgian 'funky' yeast. I drink them, but I don't love them. I'm still looking for one I can call my own. Closest I can get is the occasional Dubbel. If anyone has a recommendation I'll give it a try,

I do enjoy the occasional Bud. It's gotta be in a can though.

OP
dirtybasementbrew

dirtybasementbrew

Reaction score
b-boy said:
I'm with her on the Magic Hat. I will admit to beng a hop head as well. I just have a hard time with the Belgian 'funky' yeast. I drink them, but I don't love them. I'm still looking for one I can call my own. Closest I can get is the occasional Dubbel.

I do enjoy the occasional Bud. It's gotta be in a can though.
U have anything bottled now? I'm always looking to make trade friends! I have an American pale ale type u may like. Done with 4 oz chinook 2 oz cascade 1 oz Citra TASTY. Plus a few others

grathan

Reaction score
I fell in love this past summer and consumed many of the $10 six-packs. I even went so far as to brew the clone recipe here. The yeast really stood out in the clone and I lost my taste for this beer. It did seem to have a fruity flavor, perhaps peach. I think the Snake dog IPA is also pretty good, though perhaps a bit sharp on the simcoe.

Reaction score
What are you looking to trade, homebrew?

I keg, but I can bottle. I'm a big fan of American Pale Ale and I love Chinook. I think that's my favorite hop.

Right now I have a Zombie Dust Clone, an Arrogant Bastard clone, a Blonde Ale, an Amber, and a hard cider on tap. I can bottle any of those.

I've also got some DFH 120 and Stone Epic 07-07-07, 08-08-08, and 12-12-12.