• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Flow meters for microbreweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wired247

Reaction score
In the middle of a hop field in Yakima WA. Serious
This are professional grade high volume flowmeters like you'd find in a brewery .

Ive got a few new or like new ( as in used once for a few hours ) flowmeters for sale.

Two are stainless ABB Trio wirl meters. Essentially they are vortex meters and show whatever flow rate you configure them to and can be set to totalize. They were installed and used for a week until we figured out that they are foundation field bus flowmeters and would not connect with our 4-20mA system without major mods to our PLC system. One has two inch sanitary fittings on it and the other has 1 1/2" sanitary fittings. As a stand alone meter or one you'd want to configure for a field bus com link they are perfect for filtration systems up to 80 or so GPM. I'd take $400 a piece for them and they cost in the neighborhood of 10X that much new. Perfect for a microbrewery. I'll get some pics up later. manuals included.

I also have a new 2" rosemount mag flow meter. Never installed. Ready for 4-20mA hookup or for use with a transmitter. $250. I'll take some pics and get them up later.

I also have a few standalone or rosemount 4-20mA 3" vortex flowmeters but you'd have to have a real high flow situation ie over 50 GPM minimum going on and those might not be appropriate for a microbrewery. Any interest let me know.

I'll have to back track a bit. Just went out to the shop and checked a few things. I forgot that I had repurposed the 2 inch trio wirl a few months back. So that leaves one ABB model ST4000 in 1 1/2" , One two inch Rosemount 8705 teflon lined magnetic flowmeter and two 3 inch FOXBORO ( not rosemount ) 4-20mA vortex base and remote display units ( quite nice actually but 50 GPM minimum. ) . All reasonable tech support is free.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Back