Floodland Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. So, reservations are full, or you just don't know what time your reservation is? I don't wanna inundate the good people of Salare if it's all booked up.

The last beer dinner they had (with Holy Mountain) started at 6:30pm and went a little past 9pm, and Salare was closed for usual dinner service. I imagine this one with Floodland will be similar.

Just checked my messages. I did get a call earlier, and just called to confirm. She sounded a bit more comfortable with things.

I’ll be there with my wife. Anyone else going?

evanw a bit hypocritical to call people shitlords for selling/buying beer secondary and then going and doing this. FYI this monitor retails for $600. paysse whats your opinion on people trading $600 "goods" for your beer?
mMNh8LD.jpg

In fairness, i) I said I'd pull the post if it's violating the group's rules ii) I paid zilch for that display iii) Reselling and trading aren't the same, period. I'm happy to get rid of the display via some other more traditional avenue (e.g., Craiglist) and just buy a summers worth of Heater Allen Pils if that'll put all the collective shitlord hivemind at ease.

Honestly, I just figured I'd get rid of something I don't / won't use for something I will.

In fairness, i) I said I'd pull the post if it's violating the group's rules ii) I paid zilch for that display iii) Reselling and trading aren't the same, period. I'm happy to get rid of the display via some other more traditional avenue (e.g., Craiglist) and just buy a summers worth of Heater Allen Pils if that'll put all the collective shitlord hivemind at ease.

Curious as an admin can you lock your own thread like the one referenced above?

Curious as an admin can you lock your own thread like the one referenced above?

Yes, I believe so. Though in this case I'm pretty sure beerscenes locked it, and rightly so. The pitchforks were comin' out, which was def not my intention. I wanted to offload some worthless (to me) stuff for something I could drink. Oh well, live + learn.

(Apparently I can also unlock a thread locked by another admin... :eek:)

Honestly, I just figured I'd get rid of something I don't / won't use for something I will.
Sooooo trading a bottle for $600 in electronics is ok. Trading a bottle for $600 in cash is where you draw the line. Sorry not seeing the logic there. But hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lol. You'd need more context to assess it's actual value. It's from like 2011, hasn't been officially refurbished, and Apple discontinued manufacturing all displays three years. If I throw this jawn on Craiglist it'll prolly be for a $100-ish. If someone is so kind as to throw in some HM cans to make this $4$, that's A-ok by me, but splitting hairs at that point.

And when I said "worthless", I meant that in a colloquial sense, not an imma give it away for free sense. Though, if anyone knows of a local charitable cause that would actually use this display, I'll donate it to them.

upload_2019-6-1_22-7-7.jpeg

New field blend. Much more lactic than other FL beers. One dimensional funk. Very fruit forward, with that almond/cinnamon character I associate with good cherry beers. Blows MvB out of the water.

Edit: creamier as it warms, and thankfully less sour. Vanilla now, melds well with the cherry.

Last edited:
upload_2019-6-21_7-18-19.jpeg

The Floodland/Salare dinner was pretty special last night. As a non-Oakworks person with young kids who doesn’t get to as many beer events as I’d like, I hadn’t had any of these beers. The Nothing/All was spectacular and had a strawberry rhubarb herbal quality. The stand out was the Biere de Mars, a Seattle coolship beer that tasted like Iris’ younger punk-rock listening, weed-smoking brother. Bitter, acidic, lemony, grassy. Great stuff all around.

Heading up to Washington from San Diego from Sept 26 - 29th, and interested in an IP trade for some Floodland bottles. Have plenty of Sante, Resident, and other goodies if interested. Send over a DM.

I didn't reup Oakworks and now just do the public sales. Fantastically amazing beers but I was spending so much money between the members fee and all the extra bottle sales. Roughly $100 every public sale 3-4 times a year is much more manageable. I wish Adam nothing but continued success making tasty saisons.

I didn't reup Oakworks and now just do the public sales. Fantastically amazing beers but I was spending so much money between the members fee and all the extra bottle sales. Roughly $100 every public sale 3-4 times a year is much more manageable. I wish Adam nothing but continued success making tasty saisons.

Yeah, I heard it was expensive if getting full allotments.

I stopped chasing beers years ago. On vacation in Bend this week. Any must-hit spots that sprouted up in the last 6 years or so.

Latest posts

Back